An abnormal change in the voice caused by a variety of conditions called hoarseness.You may experience weak raspy or airy quality to your voice.You also might feel scratchy in your throat.Fortunately, hoarseness goes away in a short period of time.If Hoarse Voice not goes away and persist longer than two weeks, a visit to your physician is recommended.
Hoarse Voice is mostly caused by irritation of, or injury to, the vocal cords.Hoarseness can be caused by a number of conditions.A common cause of hoarse voice is acute laryngitis, caused most often by an upper respiratory tract infection and less commonly from misuse of voice or overuse.Other causes of hoarseness include:
- Neurological conditions
- Trauma to the larynx/vocal cords
- Alcoholic beverages
- Persistent coughing
- Thyroid problems
- Gastroesophageal reflux
Remedies of Hoarse Voice
To treat Hoarse Voice, the first thing you need to rest your voice.Also, avoid whispering as it put more strain on the vocal cords.Here are top best ways to treat hoarse voice.
- Slippery Elm
- Roasted Grams
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Salt Water
- Cayenne Pepper
Cardamom is usually used to treat a hoarse voice.It fights inflammation and soothes the mucous membranes.
- Mix some cardamom seeds with 1 tablespoon of honey and have it daily.
- Chew some cardamom daily will moisturize your throat and as well as mucous membranes.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of cinnamon with cardamom into a glass of hot water.Strain it and gargle it at least twice daily.
Slippery Elm For Hoarse Voice
It helps to cut the hoarseness and mucus effectively.Mix some tablespoon of slippery elm in a glass of hot water and steep it for 6-7 minutes, then drink this liquid several times a day.
Caution: It is not recommended for breastfeeding or pregnant women.
It reduces the hoarseness and soothes the irritated throat.Simply, eat a handful of roasted grams before going to bed and after that drink a glass of warm water for a better result.
Garlic is a common ingredient in your kitchen.It reduced inflammation, pain and helps in healing process.
- Cut a clove of garlic into two pieces and put one-half of each side of your mouth and suck the juice to reduce irritation and increase healing.
- You can also add garlic oil into a glass of warm water to gargle twice daily.
Lemon is best common ingredient to relieve a Hoarse Voice.Lemon reduces soreness and inflammation, also moisturize your throat.Lemon rich in vitamin C that helps to control the throat infection.
- Mix lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of honey in a glass of lukewarm water.Drink the mixture daily several times.
- Take a glass of warm water with lemon juice and gargle it twice per day.You can add some salt to this mixture.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar used in many home remedies, you can use Apple Cider Vinegar into Daily Diets.It has the antimicrobial property that can treat laryngitis.
- Mix apple cider vinegar in a glass of water and drink it several times daily.
- You can also gargle it with a mixture of water and apple cider vinegar.
Honey for Hoarse Voice
Honey is a very effective ingredient for healing a hoarse voice.It also decreases the inflammation caused by hoarseness.
- Eat a tablespoon of honey for several times daily.It treats hoarse voice naturally and moisturizes your throat.
- Mix some tablespoon of honey with a pinch of black pepper in a glass of warm water and drink it several times daily.
Ginger can help you treat a hoarse voice.It eliminates the inflammation and soothes the mucous around the voice box.
- Simmer 1 tablespoon of chopped ginger in a glass of hot water for 10 minutes.Now strain it and add some honey.Drink it 3 times a day.
- Eat some ginger slice to get rid of a hoarse voice shortly.For better taste add some salt and lemon juice.
Salt water is a very effective treatment to restore your voice to normal.Salt has the antiseptic property that can prevent infection in the throat.Plain water also Improve your Health.
- Take a teaspoon of salt in a glass of warm water and stir it well and gargle it 2-3 each day.
Cayenne pepper can reduce swelling, pain and soothe the irritation throat.
- Mix a tablespoon of cayenne pepper with lemon juice in a cup of warm water.Drink it daily.
- Mix a teaspoon of cayenne pepper with a tablespoon of honey and eat the mixture daily.
[By: Mirza Atiq]